- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 2 egg whites
- 3 tbsp Icewine
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 8 thick slices baguette, cut on a diagonal
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
- ½ cup Icewine
- Garnish icing sugar for dusting
- Place the egg, egg whites, Icewine, and sugar in a bowl and whisk to combine. Using the tip of a sharp knife, scrape the seeds from the vanilla bean into the egg mixture. Add milk and whisk until frothy.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and melt butter.
- Dip a few pieces of bread into the egg mixture, soaking both sides well, and place in the skillet. Cook for 2 minutes on each side or until lightly golden. Repeat with the remaining bread.
- Mix maple syrup with Icewine.
- Serve French toast dusted with icing sugar and drizzled with maple/Icewine mixture.
- Serve with chilled Oak-aged Vidal or Sparkling Icewine.