Ingredients (4 portions)
- 4 chicken breasts
- 500 ml of peeled pears, chopped (2 cups)
- 60 ml of dried cranberries (1/4 cup)
- 30 ml of pine nuts (2 tablespoons)
- 1 shalott,finely chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 30 ml of melted butter (2 tablespoons)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 125 ml of maple syrup (1/2 cup)
- 45 ml of orange juice (3 tablespoons)
- Preheat oven to 425 °F (210 °C).
- Cut the chicken breasts in half lengthwise without separating the two pieces. They should be opened butterfly style.
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients for the pear stuffing and stuff the breasts with it. Place in a buttered oven platter. Set aside for later.
- In a small saucepan, mix all ingredients for the sweet glaze. Bring to a boil and reduce a third.
- Pour half the glaze over the chicken breasts. Cook in center of the oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove chicken breasts from oven and pour the rest of the sweet glaze over them.
- Serve with season vegetables.
Source : Fédération des producteurs acéricoles du Québec