Ingredients (4 to 6 servings)
- 450g (1lb) of fresh salmon filet, deboned, with skin
- ¼ cup of coarse grain salt
- ¼ cup of grated maple sugar
- 2 tablespoons of crushed black pepper
- ¼ cup of fresh dill, chopped
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- Place the filet on aluminum foil, skin down.
- Mix salt, maple sugar, pepper and dill in a small bowl. Spread this mixture all over the fish.
- Put the lemon slices on top and sprinkle with maple liqueur or white wine. Wrap the aluminum foil around the fish and place in a shallow dish.
- Let marinate in the fridge for 24 to 48 hours (24 hours for tender skin and longer for a stronger flavour)
- Rinse the salmon rapidly under cold water.
- Wipe dry carefully.
- Slice thinly. Serve with maple syrup dijonnaise, a drizzle of olive oil and lemon or with home made mayonnaise made with plenty of lemon.
Source : Fédération des producteurs acéricoles du Québec