Ingredients (4 portions)
- 125 ml of maple syrup (1/2 cup)
- 80 ml of Dijon mustard (1/3 cup)
- 15 ml of fresh rosemary, chopped (1 tablespoon)
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 600 g of pork loin (1 1/3 lb)
- 600 ml of bread crumbs (1/4 cup)
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 10 ml of butter (2 teaspoons)
- 60 ml of white wine (1/4 cup)
- 250 ml of prepared demi-glaze sauce (1 cup)
- 30 ml of Dijon mustard (2 tablespoons)
- 15 to 30 ml of maple syrup (1 to 2 tablespoons)
- 5 ml of rosemary, chopped (1 teaspoon)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl, mix the maple syrup with the mustard, the rosemary, the garlic and season generously.
- Cover the pork loin with the mixture and sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Sear in oven at 450 °F (225 °C) for 10 minutes. Lower the heat to 350 °F (175 °C) to finish cooking (about 20 min./lb – 40 min./kg).
- While the meat is cooking, cook the shallot and garlic in butter to prepare the sauce.
- Deglaze with white wine and reduce to one half.
- Adjust the seasoning.
- Serve the roast sliced and topped with sauce. Accompany with your favorite season vegetables.
Source : Fédération des producteurs acéricoles du Québec