Ingredients (4 servings)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- In a saucepan, bring the maple syrup, cream and salt to a simmer over medium heat.
- Beat the egg yolks in a large bowl. Slowly add the cream mixture to the eggs, and whisk constantly. Strain the custard through a fine mesh sieve.
- Pour the custard in the ramekins. Fill the baking pan with hot water until it comes halfway up the ramekins.
- Bake for about 50 minutes. Cool the ramekins at room temperature. Refrigerate.