Ingredients (Serves 6)
- 2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin (this will be less than 1 envelope)
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, NOT whipped
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup real maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon dark rum (optional)
- whipped cream and some maple sugar candies for garnish.
- Sprinkle the gelatin over the water in a large heatproof bowl. Let sit for 10 minutes.Whisk in the cream, mascarpone and maple syrup, and set the bowl over a pan of simmering water. Whisk the mixture until smooth and warmed through, so the gelatin is incorporated.
- Divide the mixture evenly among 6 martini glasses. Cover each one with plastic wrap. Be sure that the wrap does not touch the tops of the panna cotta. Refrigerate overnight, or for a minimum of 12 hours, before serving.
- Top with a spoonful of whipped cream and a maple candy.