Ingredients (4 portions)Salmon
- 4 (6oz/170g) skinless salmon fillet, each sliced lengthwise into 3 strips
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 rosemary sprig, bashed to release the oils
- Vegetable oil to brush on the grill pan
Prep time: 5 minutes
Marinating time : 2 hours in the fridge
Grill time: 1 minute total – and no, this is not a typo
- Combine all the marinade ingredients in a non-reactive dish large enough to hold the salmon and marinade. Ruth’s note: I put the marinade & salmon in a large ziplock baggie. Keep the salmon in one layer. Place over a rimmed tray large enough for it to lie flat. Refrigerate for 2 hours, flipping the bag or salmon directly, halfway.
- Use a cast iron skillet or grill pan. Brush with vegetable oil and heat over medium-high heat. Add the Salmon – this is critical! – cook for just 20-30 seconds per side or until the fish is cooked to medium doneness. It really doesn’t take longer as the fillets are so thin.