Ingredients (4 portions)
- 2 cups of maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 1 cup of 35 % cream
- 1/2 cup of chopped nuts (optional)
- Heat the syrup and butter in a casserole and simmer gently for 5 minutes.
- Add cream and let cook until the candy thermometer shows a temperature of 118°C (245°F).
- Add nuts and remove from heat. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Using an electric beater (or hand mixer) beat the mixture for 10 minutes at maximum speed.
- Pour into a buttered mould and let cool completely in the refrigerator before cutting into pieces.
Source : Fédération des producteurs acéricoles du Québec