Ingredients (12 sandwiches)
- 6 whole wheat english muffins, split
- 1-2 pounds butt bacon
- 3 large tomatoes, cut into thick slices
- 12 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 5 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- healthy pinch of cayenne pepper
- healthy pinch of ground cloves
- Turn oven to broil.
- Fry bacon.
- Whisk together syrup, water, lemon juice, mustard and seasonings.
- When bacon is cooked to your liking, Add to bacon and cook for a few minutes to glaze.
- Push to one side and add tomato slices. Begin assembling sandwiches.
- Place muffin halves on baking sheet, top with bacon, tomato and a slice of cheese.
- Broil until cheese begins melt.