- 1/2 cup of cornmeal
- 1 1/2 cup of white whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 slices of cooked and crispy bacon, chopped
- 2 cups of apple cider
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat griddle on medium.
- In a large mixing bowl combine cornmeal, flour, baking soda, and cinnamon. Whisk together.
- In a smaller bowl, combine the cider, syrup, and vanilla. Slowly add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients and gently stir until everything is combined.
- Drop by the spoonful on a greased griddle (I use a neutral oil) and cook until you see bubbles popping up in the middle of the pancake. About 2 minutes.
- Flip and finish cooking on the other side. Roughly 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from griddle and serve warm.