- 1 cup plus 5 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg white
- juice and zest of one large lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar to top before serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix 1 cup of flour, 1/4 cup of maple syrup, salt and butter in large bowl.
- Cut together with a fork until dough is a crumbly consistency.
- Press dough into a greased 9 inch pie plate with your fingers.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- While letting crust cool (approx. 10 minutes), whisk together egg, egg white, maple syrup, juice and zest of lemon, baking powder and flour.
- Pour over cooled crust and bake for 25 minutes. (Edges will be browned)
- Let cool, slice and dust with powdered sugar.