Ingredients (Yields 12 sticky buns.)
For the sticky part
- 10 Tbsp butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
For the buns
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 1 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Set oven to 400 degrees.
- On a lightly floured surface, unfold the puff pastry, with folds going left to right.
- In a small bowl, combine butter and maple syrup. With a pastry brush, brush mixture onto puff pastry, leave a small 1/2 inch border all the way around.
- Evenly sprinkle on brown sugar, cinnamon and pecans.
- From the bottom up, gently roll up the puff pastry.
- Slice into 12 small rolls.
- Place one roll into each muffin cup, on top of the butter mixture.
- Bake sticky buns for 30 minutes, until browned.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes and then invent sticky buns onto the parchment paper.
- Allow to cool for an additional 10 minutes.
- Eat carefully, they are fiercely hot.