Ingredients (4 portions)150 g chicken breast fillets, serves 4
- 2 teaspoons juice squeezed from fresh ginger
- 2 small red peppers + starch as needed
- 1 1/2 lemons + 3/4 cup water
- 3 to 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2/3 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon starch + 3 tablespoons water
- Cut the chicken breast fillets into bite-size pieces and season with salt, pepper and fresh ginger juice. Pat dry, coat with starch, and deep fry in oil heated to a moderate temperature.
- Cut the red peppers into bite-size pieces and deep fry briefly.
- Squeeze the lemons and set the juice aside. Remove the rind of the lemon and place it in a pan with 3/4 cup of water. Simmer until the water has taken on the colour and scent of the lemon. Remove the lemon rind.
- Add the lemon juice, maple syrup and salt to the water from (3) and bring to a boil. Dissolve the 1 Tbsp. of starch in water and add to the pan. Once it has thickened, add the fried chicken and peppers to heat through. Pour the lemon sauce over the chicken and peppers and garnish with julienned lemon rind or julienned ginger as desired.