- 1/2 cup of all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup of whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup of almond flour or almond meal
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 2 tbsp of butter, melted
- 1 tbsp of maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup of Greek yogurt, nonfat
- Any optional mix-ins you want (almonds, chocolate chips, bananas,etc)
- 2 cups of blueberries
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- 1 tsp of corn starch
- zest of half a lemon, plus one light squeeze of juice
- In a large bowl mix together the flours, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Pour in the melted butter, maple syrup, egg, and yogurt.
- Mix until well combined, and smooth. Stir in any mix-ins or leave plain (I choose plain).
- Heat a griddle pan over medium heat, and grease or Pam.
- Spoon batter into small circles and use the back of the spoon to smooth them down and shape them a bit (the batter is slightly thicker than regular pancake batter).
- Repeat until pan is full. Cook until bubbles form in the center and bottoms are golden.
- Flip pancakes and cook until done all the way through. I had enough batter to make 13 small pancakes.
- To serve all the pancakes hot (if your pan isn't that big, like mine), leave them in a 200 degree oven while you are cooking the others. To be 100% guilt free, this recipe serves 4, about 3 pancakes each.
- Heat a small sauce pan to high heat with blueberries and maple syrup.
- Bring to a boil, then cook covered until all the blueberries have burst, about 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat and whisk in corn starch, lemon juice, and starch. Stir until sauce thickens slightly.
- Serve warm with pancakes.