New convention for 2020 to 2022 for maple syrup
- The new prices have been set for 3 years: 2020, 2021, 2022;
- The price for golden, amber and dark will be increased every year;
- Commercial maple syrup has now 3 new categories: VR41 (Anti-foaming), VR42 (smoke), VR43 (metal);
- Organic maple syrup price will increase each year 0.01$;
- For 2021 and 2022, an added 0.02$ per pound will be paid when producers deliver their maple syrup in stainless steel drums and only if they signed the lead;
- Maple syrup with a lower than 7% luminosity will be paid 2.20$ per pound.
- Maple syrup with a lower than 7% luminosity and VR13, VR14, VR4, VR42, VR43 will be paid 1.80$ per pound;
Maple syrup prices for 2020
- Golden maple syrup: 2.98$ per pound.
- Amber maple syrup: 2.94$ per pound.
- Dark maple syrup: 2.87$ per pound.
- Very dark maple syrup: 2.55$ per pound.
Bonus and penalty
- Bonus for organic maple syrup: +0.20$ per pound.
- Bonus for maple syrup delivered in stainless steel drum: 0.02$ per pound
- Penalty for maple syrup delivered in galvanized steel drum: -0.25$ per pound
Impact of Brix degree on maple syrup payments
- 63.5 ° to 65.699°– $0.10 per pound
- 60.5° to 63.499°– $0.20 per pound
- Less than 60.5°– $1.00 per pound
- Over 69°– $0.50 per pound