- 1 1/4 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 1/2 cups non dairy milk (I like coconut milk or hemp milk)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
Maple Coconut Peanut Butter Sauce
For the Pancakes
- Soak the chia seeds in the non dairy milk overnight to make a “chia gel”.
- In the morning, whisk together flour, wheat germ, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Whisk in chia gel, oil, and eggs. Let stand 10 minutes (if batter thickens, stir in 1 tablespoon water or milk).
- Coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray, and heat over medium heat. Spoon in 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake. Cook until bubbles appear. Flip, and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- Combine maple syrup, coconut oil, and peanut butter in sauce pan. Heat, stirring until smooth and heated through. Serve over pancakes.
science-backed health benefits of coconut oil