Ingredients (4 portions)Salad
- 1 salmon fillet, 1/2 inch thick (1lb)
- 1 lb asparagus spears
- 4 cups baby salad greens
- 1 cup shredded carrots ( about 1 1/2 medium)
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, cut into 8 wedges
- Freshly ground black pepper, if desired
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbls Dijon mustard
- 2 tbls olive oil
- Heat gas or charcoal grill.
- In small bowl, mix the maple-dijon dressing ingredients with wire whisk.
- Cut salmon crosswise into 4 pieces.
- Brush salmon with 1 tbls of the dressing.
- In large bowl, toss asparagus and 1 tbls of the dressing.
- Place asparagus in grill basket (grill "wok").
- When grill is heated, place asparagus and salmon, skin side down, on gas grill over medium heat or on charcoal grill over medium coals. Cover grill.
- Cook asparagus 7 to 10 minutes and salmon 10 to 15 minutes. Shaking grill basket or turning asparagus occasionnally, until asparagus is crip-tender and salmon flakes easily with fork.
- Slide pancake turner between salmon and skin to remove piece from skin.
- On 4 plate, divide salad greens, carrots and eggs. Top with salmon and asparagus. Sprinkle with pepper. Serve with remaining dressing.
Source : Fédération des producteurs acéricoles du Québec