- 1 cup wholegrain oats
- 1½ cups rice milk
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 tbs maple syrup
- ½ frozen or fresh mixed berries
- 2 tbs natural yoghurt (soy or dairy)
- extra rice milk
- In a good sized pot bring the oats, rice milk and water to boil with a good pinch of salt; add maple syrup.
- Simmer uncovered over a low heat, stirring, for 3-5 minutes until oats are soft and porridge is thick and creamy.
- Spoon into warm bowls, pour over extra rice milk to cover, top with a dollop of yoghurt and frozen or fresh berries and a little ground cinnamon if desired.