Ingredients (4 portions)
- 250 ml of Spanish onions finely minced (1 cup)
- 15 ml of oil (1 tablespoon)
- 30 ml of butter (2 tablespoons)
- 125 ml of white wine or cider (1/2 cup)
- 125 ml of maple syrup (1/2 cup)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 pork chops of 150 g (5 oz) each
- In a saucepan, caramelize the onions in oil and butter on low heat.
- Deglaze pan with wine or cider and reduce to half.
- Add the maple syrup and season to taste.
- Continue cooking until the sauce thickens.
- Grill pork chops and serve with the onion jam.
Source : Fédération des producteurs acéricoles du Québec