- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter (the just peanuts kind)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups brown rice crisp cereal
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1-2 TBSP coconut oil
- dark chocolate melting wafers
- In a sauce pan on medium heat, combine the peanut butter, maple syrup and salt until everything is melted into a thick sauce. Add the vanilla extract. Stir in the cereal, one cup at a time, until all the rice crisps are coated. Pour onto parchment paper and let cool until it can be easily handled (about 10 minutes). Pressing firmly, form into 1 inch balls. Allow to chill in the refrigerator.
- If you don't need to serve everything on a stick - just press this mixture into a parchment lined brownie pan, drizzle the top with chocolate. Chill then cut into squares.
- Over a double boiler melt your favourite vegan chocolate chips. Add 1-2 TBSP of coconut oil to thin the chocolate into a sauce - perfect for drizzling and dipping.
- Insert a lollipop stick into each peanut butter ball. Dip into the melted chocolate and allow to set upright (I poked holes in a shoebox for this purpose).
- For the Mickey Mouse look:Heat a small saucepan full of water on medium-high heat. Very carefully (this is for adults only!), hold two melting wafers against the side of the pot to melt the edges. Immediately stick onto the sides of the chocolate coated peanut butter ball. Repeat until all the pops have little ears! Repeat the same process with a chocolate chip to make a little nose on each pop