Ingredients (Oven temp: 350 Yield 18 muffins or 2-9” layers)
- 3/4 c sugar
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- ½ c amaranth flour
- ½ c sweet rice flour
- ½ c white rice flour
- ¼ c brown rice flour
- 1 t baking powder
- 1 t baking soda
- 1/4 t vitamin c crystals or ½ teaspoon vinegar
- ¼ t each nutmeg, ginger powder, ground cloves
- 1 t cinnamon
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 c almond, soy, or rice milk
- 1/3 c oil
- ½ t vanilla
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 T meringue powder
- ¼ t vanilla extract
- Combine dry ingredients in large bowl.
- Beat eggs in second bowl, add oil, maple syrup, vanilla and milk choice, beat again.
- Combine dry and wet ingredients. Stir together well so no area of dry flour remains.
- Remember no gluten = no tough, over-beaten cake. At least GF has one advantage!
- Spread batter into cake pans that are greased and lightly dusted with white rice flour.
- Or pour into paper lined cupcake pans.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes for cupcakes or 25-30 for cake pans.
- Remove when browned and the cake has started to release from sides of pan.
- Cool completely and frost with maple frosting.
- Beat together for 7 minutes or so in a stand mixer till the frosting is fluffy and marshmellowy.
- Spread on cupcakes.