- 8 ounces tempeh
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled, crushed and chopped
- 1 tomato, quartered, then cut in half
- 1 onion, quartered, then cut in half
- 2 small carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 head of romaine lettuce, chopped
- Marinate tempeh anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 days.
- Cut the tempeh diagonally into triangles and thin the triangles out by slicing each in half horizontally. set the tempeh aside while you make the maple marinade by combining the soy sauce, maple syrup, rice vinegar, and garlic in a small bowl
- Place the pieces of tempeh flat in a large baking dish. pour the marinade over the tempeh. make sure the tops and bottoms are coated and marinate for anywhere between 30 minutes and 2 days, flipping occasionally.
- When you’re ready to cook the meal, heat oven to 375 degrees. place the chopped vegetables in an oven-safe baking dish. add the tempeh slices on top and pour the remaining marinade over the vegetables, tossing to coat. roast in the oven 30 minutes
- Arrange the romaine on a plate, top with the roasted vegetables, then with the tempeh. serve immediately