Ingredients (Yields 4 servings)
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (or dark rum)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Cinnamon Whipped Cream
- 1 cup cream
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut the bananas crosswise and then lengthwise. Coat them thoroughly with maple syrup, on all sides. Drizzle any remaining maple syrup on top. On a baking pan, lay the bananas cut side up and sprinkle on the brown sugar, lemon juice, and cinnamon.
- Roast in the oven for 5 minutes. Watch carefully, in case the sugar begins to burn. Then, turn on the broiler. Broil the bananas until the sugar has melted and they are golden in color, about 2 minutes.
- Top the bananas with any leftover juices from the baking pan, a dollop of cinnamon whipped cream, and serve hot!
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cream and cinnamon until hard peaks form. Serve immediately.