- 3 oz Bacon
- 1 minced shallot
- 2 Tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbs brown sugar
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbs maple syrup
- 1/4 cup bacon drippings
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Pan fry bacon until crispy, remove bacon from pan and pour drippings into a heat safe measuring cup. Reserve enough bacon drippings in the pan to cook shallots.
- Add shallots to the pan previously used to cook the bacon and cook over medium heat until translucent.
- In a food processor or blender, combine shallots, vinegar, maple syrup, and brown sugar.
- Turn the food processor/blender on high speed and blend till ingredients are incorporated.
- Combine olive oil and bacon drippings (be careful, drippings will still be hot).
- SLOWLY drizzle oil/drippings mixture into your food processor. It should take 90-120 seconds to add the entire amount.
- While food processor/blender is still running, add 2/3 of the cooked bacon, save the rest for garnishing your salad.
- Stop food processor/blender and salt to taste.