- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 3 tbsp low fat milk
- 1 3/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Raw sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a jumbo muffin pan with 6 liners or grease muffins tins.
- In a large bowl, mix the melted butter, maple syrup, eggs, banana and milk. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flours, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and stir just until combined. Fold in the pecans.
- Fill muffin liners to top. Sprinkle with more pecans and raw sugar. Bake for 22-25 minutes.