Ingredients (Makes 10-12 pancakes)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tsp of orange zest
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups light egg nog
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup canola
- Put all the syrup ingredients into a sauce an and mix well.
- Cook over medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Simmer 5-10 minutes until the cranberries pop. Stir while simmering.
- Remove from heat, set syrup aside to cool slightly and prepare pancakes.
- For pancakes, mix dry ingredients together in medium bowl.
- Add all wet ingredients (eggs, egg nog, and oil) to a separate bowl and stir just until blended.
- Add the wet ingredient to the dry ingredients just until combined. Do not over mix, batter will be slightly lumpy.
- Lightly coat skillet with oil. Heat to medium low (I do one notch below medium or you pancakes will burn).
- Drop 1/4 cup of batter onto heated skillet. Use the back side of a spoon to help even out the batter.
- Cook on first side until bubbles begin to form on surface and underside is golden, about 2 minutes.
- Flip over and cook another 2 minutes until golden brown and center springs back when lightly touched.
- Serve warm with butter and cranberry orange syrup. Makes 10-12 pancakes.