- 1 1/2 cups (30 gr) cereal flakes (multi-grain preferred)
- 3 tbsp. (45ml) vegetable oil (grape seed preferred)
- 3 tbsp. (45ml) Maple syrup
- 1/4 cup (60ml) bittersweet (60-70%) Chocolate (coarsely chopped)
- 4oz. (125gr) regular Cream Cheese
- 1 pkg. (8oz) / (about 250-300gr) drained Tofu (smooth/soft/ silken variety only)
- 1/4 cup (60ml) smooth, organic Peanut Butter
- 1/4 cup (60ml) 'Dulce de Leche' (Note: add a little more if you have an advanced sweet tooth)
- 1 tsp. (5ml) vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. (15ml) alcohol (optional): Brandy, Cognac, Rum, or Vodka
- garnish: a big handful of unshelled Peanuts (optional)
- Use a 9 in. (22-23cm) pie plate.
- In a small bowl, melt the coarsely chopped CHOCOLATE in the Microwave on high for 30 seconds. Let it rest another 30 seconds and stir with spatula so that it becomes completely smooth. Set aside to slightly cool.
- CRUST: In a blender or food processor...place the cereals, syrup and oil together. Pulse the motor a few times to then spin until a good humid crumble appears. Pour it out onto a lightly oiled pie plate. With the aid of a spatula or spoon...spread and pat down the cereal mix onto the plate’s sides and bottom. Set aside.
- CREAMY MIX: In the same blender or processor...place the rest of the wet ingredients (cream cheese, tofu, dulce de leche, peanut butter, vanilla extract and optional alcohol) with the melted chocolate. Pulsate a few times to then spin until a good smooth consistency is achieved.
- ASSEMBLY: Pour the creamy mixture over the cereal crust. With a spatula, spread the mix evenly and finish by tapping down gently to eliminate air pockets. At this point, if a GARNISH or decor of peanuts is desired...go ahead and create your personal design.
- FREEZING: With a plastic wrap, cover the plate tightly and place it into an airtight freezer bag. Freeze it for about 4 hours. The pie keeps very well for about 1 month without losing its quality. If the optional alcohol was not added...take the pie out to slightly thaw for about 20-25 minutes before serving.
- Enjoy every bite and flavourful wishes