- 2 large eggs, lighten beaten
- 1 cup of Golden Corn Syrup (same as Karo Corn Syrup in the U.S.)
- 1 cup of Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup of melted butter
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla bean paste
- 1 1/2 cups of finely chopped hazelnuts (measure after chopping)
Pastry for Tart Shells
- 4 cups of unbleached flour
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 1/2 cups of shortening
- 8 tablespoons of ice-cold water
- 3 tablespoons of white vinegar
- 1 square of unsweetened chocolate
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 3/4 cup of confectioner’s sugar
- 2 tablespoons of cold milk
For the Filling
- Add all ingredients in the order listed and mix well between each addition. Set aside while you prepare your tart shells.
- Mix flour and salt together in a large bowl.
- Using a pastry blender, cut in your shortening until mixture is *pea* like.
- Add 3 tablespoons of cold water alternating with your 3 tablespoons of vinegar mixing with a fork.
- Gradually add more water until pastry is able to form a ball.
- Roll out onto lightly floured surface and using a large round cutter cut out 24 tart shells.
- Place cut shells into non-stick muffin tins and fill 2/3rds full with hazelnut/maple filling.
- Bake at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes until pastry if golden brown
- Melt butter and chocolate together in microwave (about 1-1 1/2 minutes).
- Remove from microwave and stir together until chocolate is completely melted.
- Gradually add the confectioner’s sugar and mix well.
- Add 2 tablespoons of cold milk and stir until chocolate is completely smooth.
- Pour into a piping bag with a number 1 piping tip attached.
- Pipe lines criss-cross over the top of the cooled tarts .