- 200g bittersweet chocolate (70% cocoa solids)
- 150g unsalted butter
- 200g cooked adzuki beans
- 3 tablespoons dessicated coconut
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 300ml maple syrup
- Chopped nuts would be optional
- Melt the butter and chocolate over a low heat and mix in the vanilla essence, salt and then the cocoa powder.
- At the same time put the beans and the coconut in the food processor and pulse until crumbly.
- Separately, beat the eggs and the maple syrup mixture until fluffy.
- Fold the bean mixture into the chocolate then the chocolate mixture into the eggs and sugar.
- Pour the resulting batter into a well-greased 9 inch brownie tin and bake for about 30 – 40 minutes until done.
- Chill before serving as they get quite crumbly. Serve dusted with icing sugar.