- baby spinach leaves
- barley ( I used pearl barley)
- salted and roasted sunflower seeds/or pumpkin seeds
- lightly toasted walnut/pecans
- infused olive oil
- maple syrup
- wine vinegar
- red pepper flakes
- pomegranate molasses
- a pinch of salt
- Cook the barley. I usually use twice the amount of water to the barley and boil them till they are softened and there is no more water left. (salt + barley + water). Set aside.
- Take out the arils of the pomegranate. Chop the fruits. Wash the baby spinach (I used the leaves from my yard, so I had to give them a good rinse to get the dirt out).
- In a bowl combine the leaves, fruits, nuts, and the cooked barley.
- Whisk all the ingredients for the dressing; drizzle over the salad and toss well.