- 1 1/2 c. maple syrup
- 6 tbsp. cider vinegar
- 4 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp. onion (minced) OR 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 6 chicken breasts, thighs, or legs (I used a combination of boneless, skinless breasts and 2 bone-in breasts, skin removed)
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a tight-sealing container and shake until blended.
- Pour into a larger bowl (microwave-safe to save yourself dishes) and add chicken pieces, turning to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour; all day or overnight is even better.
- Remove cover from your microwave-safe bowl of chicken + marinade. Microwave chicken and marinade together for 5 minutes.
- Remove chicken and pour marinade into a small uncovered saucepan. Bring to a boil (this will happen quickly!) and let boil for 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Grill chicken over medium heat, brushing with the boiled marinade and turning occasionally. Continue to turn, brush, and grill until chicken is no longer pink in the middle.
- Serve chicken with remaining boiled marinade.
(Don't have a grill? Try baking this chicken: Place chicken in a greased pan. Pour marinade on top and bake at 350*, basting every 15-20 minutes, until done (about 1 hour with bone-in, less if boneless.)
(Don't have a grill AND it's too hot to turn on your oven? Try pan-frying: Remove chicken from marinade and cook in a greased frying pan. When nearly cooked through, pour in some marinade, which will caramelize. Add about 3 tbsp. of water to the pan, stir, and serve glaze over meat.)