Ingredients (4 portions)
- 4 chicken breasts or 8 chicken legs
- 85 ml (1/3 cup) maple syrup
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) orange juice
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) Dijon mustard
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) ginger, minced
- Pepper to taste
This marinade is also delicious with shrimp, pork loin or chops, scallops, salmon or trout fillets, and turkey brochettes.
- Combine all marinade ingredients.
- Trim off fat or excess skin from chicken and marinade for at least 2 hours in the maple syrup mixture.
- Preheat the barbecue to medium-high.
- When the chicken is on the barbecue, prepare sauce. Remove chicken pieces from the marinade. DO NOT dispose of the marinade! Cook it over medium-high heat (boil for at least 5 minutes to ensure that all bacteria are destroyed!) to reduce to a consistency of sauce, for serving with the chicken. Barbecue chicken for about 4 minutes on each side.
Source : Fédération des producteurs acéricoles du Québec